Duration: June-August 2017
Compensation: $1500 stipend for 250 work hours
Summer Intern Job Purpose: Serves visitors by providing back ground and tour information; assisting as a tour guide in the Lower Park, Bowman’s Tower and Thompson Neely House tour, as well as school programs.
Customer Service Representative Job Duties:
- Assist in guest services by providing information and answering questions to visitors
- Assist in site interpretation by working as a docent for educational groups and walk-in visitors
- Assist in general operations, including answering phones, opening and closing procedures, and light housekeeping
- Serve as a camp counselor for our summer camp program
- Prepares presentation for local Kiwanis Club at the end of the internship, explaining the nature and experience of the internship
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Customer service, multi-tasking and basic computer skills
- Preferably a high school senior pursuing a degree in history, museum studies or a related field; current high school sophomores/juniors or freshmen undergraduates will also be considered
- Local students will be given priority
- Final candidate must pass PA and FBI criminal and child abuse background checks if over the age of 18
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their skill and desire for the position to Jennifer Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Jennifer with any questions about this position. Applications are due June 30, 2017.