Health & Safety
Washington Crossing Historic Park (PA) is open to the public for passive recreation only. Please carefully review these guidelines while planning your visit.
Last updated: December 4, 2020
- The Crossing the Delaware tour in the Historic Village is not being offered at this time.
- Bowman’s Hill Tower and the Thompson-Neely Farmstead and Grist Mill are currently closed.
- The Historic Village is open from dawn to dusk for free self-guided tours and passive recreation.
- The Visitor Center is open from 10 AM to 5 PM, seven days a week.
- The Visitor Center gift shop is open (capacity is limited).
- Bathrooms are open inside the Visitor Center; in the field across the street and diagonal from the Visitor Center; and at the Thompson-Neely House.
- The exhibits and the auditorium inside the Visitor Center are closed. You can watch this introductory film on YouTube.
- Bowman’s Hill Tower and the Thompson-Neely Farmstead and Grist Mill are closed.
In order to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, we have implemented the following safety measures:
- Per CDC guidelines, all people over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask when indoors, and outdoors during guided tours.
- Park staff will maintain six feet of social distancing. Floor markings and signs will assist guests with this effort inside the Visitor Center.
- All guests should remain at least six feet apart from people outside of their party during their visit.
- Guided tours of the Historic Village take place entirely outdoors. Tour capacity has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the Visitor Center, and hand-sanitizing stations have been installed in the Historic Village.
- Staff regularly clean high-touch areas throughout the day.
- Per the Pennsylvania Secretary of Health, anyone who visits from another state must have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering Pennsylvania. If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania.
Limited events and site rentals will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. All organized events required a rental agreement.
Please contact the Visitor Center at 215-493-4076 or email email@example.com for more information.