Duration: June-August 2018
Compensation: $1500 stipend for 250 work hours
Summer Intern Job Purpose: Serves visitors by providing background and tour information; assisting as a tour guide in the Lower Park, Bowman’s Hill Tower and Thompson Neely House tour.
Customer Service Representative Job Duties:
- Assist in guest services by providing information and answering visitor questions
- Assist in site interpretation by working as a docent for educational groups and walk-in visitors
- Assist in general operations, including answering phones, opening and closing procedures, and light housekeeping
- Serve as a camp counselor for our summer camp program
- Prepare presentation for local Kiwanis Club at the end of the internship, explaining the nature and experience of the internship
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Customer service, multi-tasking and basic computer skills
- Preferably a college undergraduate pursuing a degree in history, museum studies or a related field; current high school seniors will also be considered
- Local students will be given priority
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their skill and desire for the position to Jennifer Martin, email@example.com. Please also contact Jennifer with any questions about this position.
Applications are due June 1, 2018.