- This event has passed.
Grow with Me! Series for Kids
May 13, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm$17.76
In partnership with DelVal’s Kids U! program, the Friends of Washington Crossing Park will host a virtual three-part virtual series for kids.
The series is set for April 8, May 13, and June 10 from 4 to 4:45 PM. Cost for one child is $17.76 per session, or $45 for all three sessions. Register here.
Children (ages 7-9) will learn:
- The herbs used during the colonial era to make tea and preserve food
- Tea taxes and the Boston Tea Party
- How to make a paper teapot
- How colonial gardens and kitchens were arranged
- How colonists observed and identified certain types of plants
A virtual tour of Washington Crossing Historic Park’s two kitchen gardens, located at the Hibbs House and Thompson-Neely Farmstead, will be offered during the June 10 webinar.
Material kits will be mailed to each child participant prior to sessions. Common household materials will be needed, and adult supervision is required.
Instructors will be park historical horticulturalist Anna Davis-Agostini, and Katherine Becnel, volunteer coordinator for the Friends of Washington Crossing Park.