Wheat & Sheep Day
April 27 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree – $8
Wheat & Sheep Day is set for Saturday, April 27 at noon at the Thompson-Neely Farmstead and Grist Mill, which is part of Washington Crossing Historic Park (PA).
Watch as the Thompson-Neely sheep are shorn using period-accurate hand shears. Their fleece will become yarn available for purchase in the Visitor Center gift shop and on Etsy.
Other Wheat & Sheep Day activities include:
- Learning to make colonial-style pancakes
- Turning the sheep’s fleece into textiles
- Watching a cooper create barrels
- Touring the Thompson-Neely House, once used as a field hospital for the Continental Army
- Watching a miller turn corn and wheat into flour at the Thompson-Neely Grist Mill
This event is at the Thompson-Neely Farmstead, located at 1638 River Road, New Hope, PA.
Admission is $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 5-11, and free for those under 5. Admission to Bowman’s Hill Tower and a tour of the Historic Village is also included with the purchase of admission to Wheat & Sheep Day.