- This event has passed.
First Crossing of 2021
December 12, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Witness American history come to life!
Each December, thousands of people gather on the banks of the Delaware River to watch the reenactment of George Washington’s daring 1776 Christmas night river crossing. During the event, several hundred reenactors in Continental military dress listen to an inspiring speech by General Washington and then row across the river in replica Durham boats.
The first opportunity to witness the reenactment is Sunday, December 12, from 10 AM to 4 PM in the Washington Crossing Historic Park’s Historic Village.
The actual crossing begins at approximately 1 PM. In addition to the crossing reenactment, special colonial-era activities and demonstrations in the Historic Village will offer a full day of family fun and learning.Get Tickets
All ticket sales are final. Proceeds from the First Crossing allow us to make the Christmas Day crossing free.
- Washington Crossing Historic Park is located at the intersection of Routes 532 and 32 (River Road) in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. Directions can be found here.
- Parking is available on-site and will be clearly marked.
- Individuals with disabilities who need special assistance or accommodations to attend should call the Visitor Center at 215-493-4076.
- If river conditions do not allow for crossing, ceremonies, speeches and commemorative activities still occur. River crossings are contingent upon safe conditions for participants.
- For more colonial-era activities, the Old Barracks Museum in Trenton hosts reenactments of the Battle of Trenton and other celebrations during its annual Patriots Week festivities.
- Drones are not permitted at this event.