The Crossing Reenactment
Witness the Crossing that saved the Revolution
Each December, thousands of people gather on the banks of the Delaware River to watch the reenactment of George Washington’s daring 1776 Christmas night river crossing. During the event, several hundred reenactors in Continental military dress listen to an inspiring speech by General Washington and then row across the river in replica Durham boats.
The public has two opportunities to view the reenactment at Washington Crossing Historic Park.
First Crossing: Sunday, December 10, 2023
TIME: 11 AM to 3 PM (actual crossing at 1 PM)
COST: $9 for adults, $5 for children ages 5-11, free for children younger than 5. Family rate (2 adults and 2 children) is $25.
DETAILS: In addition to the crossing reenactment, special colonial-era activities and demonstrations in the Historic Village will offer a full day of family fun and learning.
About the Narrator
Jason Q. Bohm is a Marine with more than 30 years of service. An infantryman by trade, he has commanded at every level from platoon commander to commanding general in peacetime and war. Bohm also served in several key staff positions including as a strategic planner with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Director of the Marine Corps Expeditionary Warfare School, House Director, Marine Corps Office of Legislative Affairs, U.S. House of Representatives, and Chief of Staff of U.S. Naval Striking and Support Forces, NATO. Bohm has a bachelor’s degree in marketing, a Master’s degree in military studies, and Master’s degree in national security studies. Jason has written several articles for the Marine Corps Gazette and won various writing awards from the Marine Corps Association. Bohm is the author of From the Cold War to ISIL: One Marines Journey (Naval Institute Press) and Washington’s Marines: The Origins of the Corps and the American Revolution 1775-1777 (Savas Beatie)
Special thank you to Amwell Ridge Wealth Management for providing the refreshments for our members tent during this event
Christmas Day Crossing: Monday, December 25, 2023
TIME: Noon to 3 PM (actual crossing at 1 PM)
- Reenactors may register online from August 21 through November 13. All participating reenactors should review our clothing guidelines.
- Washington Crossing Historic Park is located at the intersection of Routes 532 and 32 (River Road) in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania.
- Directions to the park can be found here. Parking will be clearly marked.
- Individuals with disabilities who need special assistance or accommodations to attend should call the Visitor Center at 215-493-4076.
- River crossings are contingent upon safe conditions for participants. However, even if conditions do not allow for crossing, ceremonies, speeches and commemorative activities still occur.
- For more Ten Crucial Days related activities, the Trenton Downtown Association hosts several events during its annual Patriots Week festivities, Dec 26th – 31st. In addition, Princeton Battlefield Society will be hosting their annual “Experience the Battle of Princeton Event“, January 8th, 9:30am – 1:00pm
- Drones are not permitted at these events.
A special crossing video was filmed at Washington Crossing Historic Park in 2020. Thank you to the numerous members and donors whose support made this video possible.