- This event has passed.
70th Annual Christmas Day Crossing Reenactment
December 25, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
WITNESS AMERICAN HISTORY COME TO LIFE!
Each December, thousands of people gather on the banks of the Delaware River to watch the reenactment of George Washington’s daring 1776 Christmas night river crossing. During the event, several hundred reenactors in Continental military dress listen to an inspiring speech by General Washington and then row across the river in replica Durham boats.
The 70th annual Christmas Day crossing reenactment is set for Sunday, December 25, from noon to 3 PM (actual crossing begins at about 1 PM). Admission is free!
Can’t attend on Christmas? Learn more about the First Crossing of 2022 on Sunday, December 11.
- To register as a reenactor, click here. Registration opens August 1 and ends November 18. Reenactors must supply their own period-correct clothing.
- Washington Crossing Historic Park is located at the intersection of Routes 532 and 32 (River Road) in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. Directions can be found here.
- Parking will be clearly marked.
- Individuals with disabilities who need special assistance or accommodations to attend should call the Visitor Center at 215-493-4076.
- If river conditions do not allow for river crossing, ceremonies, speeches and commemorative activities still occur. River crossings are contingent upon safe conditions for participants.
- For more colonial-era activities, the Old Barracks Museum in Trenton hosts reenactments of the Battle of Trenton and other celebrations during its annual Patriots Week festivities.
- Drones are not permitted at this event