- This event has passed.
You Point, We Pick
July 8, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Are you interested in farm-fresh, organic food and herbs? Our historically accurate gardens are bursting with produce, herbs, and flowers that need to be used!
You Point, We Pick Dates
- Monday, July 8, 5:00 to 6:30 PM at the Thompson-Neely House gardens
- Monday, August 12, 5:00 to 6:30 PM at the Hibbs House kitchen garden
- Monday, September 9, 5:00 to 6:30 PM at the Thompson-Neely House gardens
On the dates above, drop by the designated garden between 5:00 and 6:30 PM. You can point out anything you’d like to take home, and our historic horticulturalists will pick it for you in exchange for a donation of your choice. While you’re here, you can ask our historic horticulturalists about the history, uses, and maintenance of the items in our garden.
Please bring your own bags, baskets, or buckets, as we will not provide any materials other than the plants.
Please note: the gardens at Washington Crossing Historic Park are not pick-your-own. We rely on some of our plantings for public and educational events. Availability of all items below is not guaranteed.
- Baby Spinach
- Blauhilde Beans
- Blue-Podded Capucinjer Peas
- Clary sage
- Dianthus Seeds
- Dragons Tongue Beans
- Early Blood Turnip-Rooted Beets and Beet Greens
- Feverfew (Dried in Bunch)
- Garlic chives
- Lambs ear
- Lemon balm
- Strawberry spinach
- Sugar Beets and Beet Greens
- Wethersfield Red Onion
- White Horehound